You may have seen some events at Dogfish Head Alehouse that feature "Randall The Enamel Animal." You might be wondering ... What is this Randall thing?
Developed in 2002 by Dogfish Head founder Sam Calagione, the Randall is a unique infuser mechanism for craft beer. This two-chambered beer infusion device is designed to enhance the flavor of draft beer with hops, herbs, spices or whatever floats your boat!
Randall the Enamel Animal is the original gangster organoleptic hop transducing module. Basically, it’s a sophisticated filter system that allows the user to run draft beer through a chamber of whole-leaf hops, spices, herbs, fruit, etc. so that the alcohol in the beer strips the flavor from whatever you add and puts it in the beer.”
- Sam Calagione
Features of The Randall
- Beer enters the infusing chamber from the bottom, maximizing beer-hop contact and forcing foamy beer to exit at the top.
- Automatic chamber vents eliminate vapor-locking and maximize beer-hops contact.
- “De-foaming” chamber provides both space and time for foamy beer to settle.
- Adjustable faucet balances between different beer types or short-draw/long-draw draft systems.
- Ice chamber keeps beer cold between pours.
- Draft dispensing components eliminate those unexpected beer showers.